Friday, January 09, 2009
Macy's Day
Earlier we wrote about Macy and her urinary tract infection. She is better now, but our wonderful (and I really mean absolutely wonderful) pediatrician thought she should go get tested; so she went in for the test today. We really weren't sure what was being checked, but we were glad she was. The test went well and Macy was really brave and what we found out is that Macy has reflux in her kidneys. Basically when she has to urinate, the urine sucks back into the kidneys and this is what caused her infection. For precautionary and hopefully preventive measures, she'll be taking an antibiotic everyday and go in for testing every year. Hopefully, in a few years, she'll grow out of it and be a-okay. We feel blessed that what was wrong was something small and fairly simple.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Macy I'm glad you did so well with your test yesterday.... your a big brave girl!
Wow, that is totally crazy! What a blessing in disguise and a very wise pediatrician! Hope everything is ok in the long run! Miss you guys!!
I'm glad to hear that everything is going to be okay for Macy! And Macy...way to go in being so brave at the doctors!
Scary, but I'm so glad that she's doing okay and they figured things out!! What a trooper!
Post a Comment