Thursday, April 10, 2008

It's Your Birthday Christie!

Okay, I know Christie celebrates her birthday on the 9th (which technically was yesterday) but she was born in California at 11:59 pm, which means she was really born on the 10th here in Utah. There now that my justification for writing this late is over (and don't worry, I gave Christie a hopefully great day yesterday) I just wanted everyone to remember that Christie is now closer to 30 than 20.
I met Christie when she was only 18 years old and fresh out of high school. I am lucky enough to have been able to love her for the last 8 years, and nearly 7 of those years I have been able to call her my wife. I look back and think about the time I have had with my sweetheart and these landmarks (like birthdays and anniversaries) and think about another year I get to be with my eternal love. So with my proverbial glass in the air, join me in a toast to Christie, the 26 year old woman I love; Christie, the best wife, mother, and friend a husband could have!

2 comments:

Carrie and Jeff said...

Hope you had a fun B-day Christie. You are still so young, but yes--you are now closer to 30. I'm even closer to 30 (I'll be 29 this year--yikes!).

Justin, Amy, and Grace said...

Christie, what a sweet husband you have to say all those wonderful things about you. I totally thought about you on your birthday and was hoping you had a wonderful day. I remember how happy I was that we had birthdays so close together so we always got to move up to the next class in young womens together. You are a such a great person. I hope Dave did something spectacular for you.